We’re a team of more than 450 providers with advanced knowledge in our areas of medicine, including ENT, general surgery, OB/GYN, ophthalmology, orthopedics, urology, and more. Find the right care team for your needs.
The health information management (HIM) clerk maintains organization of patient records and assists in general clerical duties, which includes answering phones for the medical records department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Pulls, files, and prepares patient charts for patient appointments and in-office requests
• Files incoming patient correspondence and medical records
• Assists in processing surgical records and transcription
• Assists receptionists in providing customer service
• Assists in keeping office stocked, neat, and organized
• Adheres to practice’s Safety, Risk Management, and Universal Precautions standards
• Performs similar and incidental duties as assigned
• Properly utilize HIPPA regulations and privacy laws
• Provide technical assistance to computer system for all users
• Work directly with Proliance IT to resolve issues
• Answer questions or resolve computer problems on various software programs
• Scan documents into the EMR chart and PSO share drive
• Ability to be flexible in the work day
• Detail oriented
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Interpersonal skills; demonstrating patience, composure and cooperation; working well with all patients, physicians and staff.
• Understanding of and adherence to all safety, risk management and precautionary procedures, including the consistent respect for confidentiality (HIPAA)
Education / Experience
• High school diploma or GED
• Completion of medical terminology or anatomy and physiology course, and clerical or other course work in a related field preferred
• Six months of previous clerical experience in a healthcare setting within the last three years preferred
• Must be able to communicate effectively
• Must have knowledge of medical terminology
• Must be able to organize work and establish procedures
• Must be able to speak, read, and write the English language
• Must be skilled in performance of basic computer/keyboard functions
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Required to stand and walk continuously
• Occasional lifting of up to 100 pounds; frequent lifting of up to 25 – 30 pounds
• Frequent stooping, bending, pushing, pulling, reaching, and occasional kneeling, crawling and squatting
• High frequency of telephone usage and computer keyboard
• Ability to see, hear, and speak continuously at a level to meet all essential functions of the job
• Ability to prioritize and process with accuracy
• May require travel to multiple clinic locations in Gig Harbor, Lakewood and Tacoma
This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
How we are protecting team members from COVID-19? Employee and patient health and safety is our top priority. At Proliance, we are adhering to CDC, State and local orders regarding COVID-19 and have implemented processes and precautions across our facilities to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Following the most recent vaccination mandate for healthcare workers in Washington State, and our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and patients, all Proliance employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination upon hire, or proof of a medical or religious exemption.
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.