We’re a team of more than 450 providers with advanced knowledge in our areas of medicine, including ENT, general surgery, OB/GYN, ophthalmology, orthopedics, urology, and more. Find the right care team for your needs.
The role of the Instrument Technician performs and participates in decontamination, cleaning, assembling, packaging, scanning, sterilization, storage and distribution of reusable surgical instrumentation and equipment.
*$500 signing bonus!*
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with all members of the health care team to provide optimal care to the patient throughout their surgical experience.
• Maintain a friendly, positive and caring attitude with all patient, physicians and staff.
• Decontaminates and sterilizes instruments, medical supplies and equipment, and assembles wraps and sterilizes trays of instruments. Follows proper Standard Precautions while in decontamination and sterilization areas.
• Monitors biological and chemical wash solution to ensure quality and consistency for decontamination of instruments and medical equipment.
• Assist in assuring that equipment is functioning properly.
• Continue education as per center protocols and keep current with health care.
• Take an active role on committees within the department.
• Complete duties and assist others as directed
• Must follow all policies as introduced during new associate On-Boarding, updated real-time and outlined in Associate Handbook
• Superior customer service skills
• Great interpersonal skills; demonstrating patience, composure and cooperation; working well with all patients, physicians and staff.
• Understanding of and adherence to all safety, risk management and precautionary procedures, including the consistent respect for confidentiality (HIPAA)
• Using time efficiently, with meticulous attention to detail, accuracy and completion
• Ability to manage multiple factors for the best result.
• Resourcefulness in addressing first level problems and tenacity to see things through to solution
• Ability to remove oneself personally from given situations, remaining objective
• Able to adapt to change, delays or unexpected events while maintaining a positive mindset
• Clear oral and written communication
• Ability to provide feedback to improve performance
• Self-motivated; able to work following specific guidelines and in accordance with detailed instructions; measure self against standard of excellence, overcome obstacles and challenges with little supervision.
Education / Experience
• Two years of orthopedics outpatient experience is desired for position.
• Minimum education from an accredited school for surgical technologists; current State licensure and CPR. Two years of orthopedics outpatient experience is desired for position.
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office environment. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is required to sit for long periods of time, stand and walk, bend and stretch. Use of telephone and computer is required. Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 40 pounds. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
How we are protecting team members from COVID-19? Employee and patient health and safety is our top priority. At Proliance, we are adhering to CDC, State and local orders regarding COVID-19 and have implemented processes and precautions across our facilities to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Following the most recent vaccination mandate for healthcare workers in Washington State, and our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and patients, all Proliance employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination upon hire, or proof of a medical or religious exemption.
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Proliance-Edmonds Center for Outpatient Surgery
Ambulatory Surgery Center
7320 216th Street SW Suite 140 Edmonds, WA 98026-8006