We’re a team of more than 450 providers with advanced knowledge in our areas of medicine, including ENT, general surgery, OB/GYN, ophthalmology, orthopedics, urology, and more. Find the right care team for your needs.
The primary role of the Medical Assistant is to provide direct clinical and administrative support to the physician and providing face to face care to the patient.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist physicians with patients seen in office.
• Perform minor office procedures (suture removal, dressing changes, blood draw, etc.).
• Gather and record patient vitals, medical history and history of present illness in electronic medical record.
• Answer medical questions in office and on phone, including screening appointments.
• Preview physician’s schedule and prepare for clinic, making adjustments as needed.
• Provide pre- and post-op patient education.
• Assist physicians with paperwork, test orders and results, etc., as needed.
• Assist as directed by Supervisor or Director.
• Assist other medical assistants as needed.
• Patient and pleasant personality
• Professional demeanor
• Works well with a variety of people; flexible
• Problem solving skills
• Skill in using a computer
• Knowledge of orthopedics desired
• Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide assistance when interfacing with patients, physicians and staff
• Ability to multi-task
• Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
• Understanding of the need for and evidence of consistent respect for confidentiality
• Ability to maintain composure in stressful situations
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff
• Ability to prepare records in accordance with detailed instructions
• Ability to communicate clearly
• Consistency and timeliness in attendance
• Ability to work independently, with little supervision
Education / Experience
• Current certification as an MA
• 2+ years in an outpatient clinic setting (orthopedic desired)
• Knowledge of Epic EMR desired
The work environment/physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This description is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and requirements of a person so classified. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
How we are protecting team members from COVID-19? Employee and patient health and safety is our top priority. At Proliance, we are adhering to CDC, State and local orders regarding COVID-19 and have implemented processes and precautions across our facilities to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Following the most recent vaccination mandate for healthcare workers in Washington State, and our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and patients, all Proliance employees will be required to provide proof of full vaccination upon hire, or proof of a medical or religious exemption.
Proliance Surgeons offers a generous benefits package including Medical/RX, Dental, Vision, 401k with profit sharing and more! Plus ALL of our employees enjoy the free perks of our employee purchasing program offering a variety of discounts on purchases made every day – including cell phone service!
Proliance Surgeons is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply.
All employment decisions at Proliance Surgeons are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Proliance Surgeons Everett Bone & Joint
1100 Pacific Avenue Suite 300 Everett, WA 98201-4261